The Biggest Boat Dealer in the Southern Hemisphere

License Courses

Need to get your boat license?

  • ‘First aid management and training centre’ runs a Boat and Jetski Licence course which is held at the JV Marine premises.
  • Make sure you book in as these classes fill up very fast! Call 03 9798 8883 to make sure you have your licence before you hit the water.
  • Classes are run usually once a month on a Saturday from 9:30am till 2:30pm.
  • We make getting your license easy and affordable – call now for more information!


Recreational boat operational licence
Operators of recreational vessels on Victorian waters must hold a current recreational boat operator licence. There are two types of licence:
Recreational boat operator licence: A general boat operator licence is needed by any person over the age of 16 who is operating a powered recreational vessel.
Restricted operator licence: A restricted boat operator licence is required by any person over the age of 12, and under 16, who is operating a powered recreational vessel.

Personal Watercraft (PWC) endorsement: In addition to holding a recreational or restricted boat operator licence, operators of PWCs must also obtain a PWC endorsement.